News from Donna Kosiorowski NBCSN Liaison
Did you know?
· Connecticut has 59 Nationally Certified School Nurses (NCSN) currently certified
· Connecticut has 11 Nationally Certified School Nurses (NCSN-E) retired certified
· Our 50th certified school nurse is Elizabeth Russ NCSN (Westport- Certification date 3/1/14)
· Connecticut’s earliest certified school nurse is Patricia Krin NCSN-E (Certification 8/1/1989)
· Most recent certified school nurse is Sara Paine (New Canaan-Certification 7/1/2020)
NOTE: June 2018 — NBCSN earns reaccreditation from the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC).
Congratulations to Connecticut’s NCSN’s and NCSN-E’s. You demonstrate competence and excellence in the specialty of school nursing. Display your credentials proudly. Encourage colleagues to become certified.
Information about the National Board for Certification of School Nurses can be found at: NBCSN – National Board for Certification of School Nurses www.nbcsn.org