Happy Nationally Certified School Nurse Day from NBCSN 3/19/19
Did you know that Certified Nurses Day is the birthday of Margretta Madden Styles? She designed the first comprehensive study of nurse credentialing and was strongly committed to nursing standards and certification.
As a Nationally Certified School Nurse you:
- chose to seek out certification to demonstrate expertise, knowledge and commitment
- have gone beyond licensure to validate your specialty knowledge through a rigorous national examination
- are clinical experts - dedicated to providing quality, evidenced-based clinical care
- are committed to life-long learning, patient advocacy and professional practice
- reassess your specialty knowledge throughout your career as part of your commitment to continuing competency
- maintain your specialty knowledge through specialized continuing education
- meet and exceed nationally recognized standards of proficiency and professionalism (ANCC, 2019)
NBCSN would like to congratulate you on your achievement and thank you for your commitment to nursing certification. Do something nice for yourself on March 19 – you deserve it!